Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Busy Bag Wednesday: Endless Tissue Box


Ok, so this activity isn't really a bag but it is still a great way to keep little ones occupied!  The other thing that I love about this activity is that it cost me absolutely nothing to make! I got the original idea from here.

To make this activity, you will need an empty tissue box or an empty baby wipes container.  I used an empty wipes container.  If you have one I would suggest using a wipes container, as it is sturdier than a tissue box.



Next, you are going to want to get your hands on some fabric.  If you scraps from an old sewing project, this is a perfect time to use them!  If you don't have fabric scraps, you could cut up raggedy clothes that is beyond repair.  Or check your thrift store!  One of our local thrift shops has fabric all the time!  I had some fabric scraps that a friend had given me a while ago, and thought this would be a great project to use some of it for.  


Take your fabric and cut it up.  I cut mine into strips that were about 12 inches long.  As you can see in the picture, my fabric strips to vary in length and width.  I wasn't not exact about this at all!  And while I was cutting, I thought varying the width and length would provide more interest to Lil' Man.


The fabric I used was all cotton and one knit.  It would be really fun to mix up the types of fabric to add different textures to the box: some knit, some flannel, some fleece.

After I cut up my pieces, I tied them together.  I ended up using 25 strips of cloth to fill my container.  (Obviously, I cut way too much!)  Stuff the tied pieces of fabric into your box, and let your little one play!*

*Obviously, we are talking about a very large length of fabric here.  This activity should be used under adult supervision to prevent strangulation.  




No comments:

Post a Comment