Thursday, January 23, 2014

Busy Bag Wednesday: Sight Words

What is a busy bag, you ask? A busy bag is a life saver for me!  Busy bags are activities that I can give the children to keep them occupied while working one on one with another child.  Busy bags keep them busy while I'm busy!  :)

I am currently in the process of making up a whole bunch busy bags in order to help my days run a little smoother!  Since they are so helpful to me, I will be sharing my busy bags to spread the helpfulness! 

I created this busy bag for Banana Bear to use. This busy bag is to help reinforce the sight words she is learning.

I created a set of thirty-two cards with sight words.  And since I said I wanted to share, you can find my sight word cards here. I printed them out on card stock, and then laminated. If you don't have a laminator, you can use clear contact paper to cover the cards.

Then I made some kool-aid play dough from the recipe found here.  I actually kind of regret choosing that specific recipe because I found Banana Bear eating the play dough while working on her busy bag!  If you don't want to make play dough, you can just through a can of the store bought stuff into your bag.  


Download Sight Word Cards HERE

Put the play dough and cards into a gallon sized zip-topped bag.  Ta-da! Busy Bag!

Now when Banana Bear finishes a task early, she can work on her sight words! (And hopefully, she won't eat anymore play dough! ;) ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment